Thursday, July 11, 2013


The chief Zenú

Raul Gomez Jattin

 

The Gómez Fernández Morales and Torralbo arrived

with that dead Christ, threatening and incomprehensible

to change our lives customs and death

¿Did they have it so bad in Spanish land

That they crossed the sea in their sailing canoes

to come live with us forever?

In my opinion they are nice and good

but Easter is our florid time

and if they want to pray they can but they should not want to

prevent us to go to the marsh

to seek the Icotea the stifle and the bird Chavarrí

I particularly like the Gomez and Torralbo

and among them Tomas de la Cruz Gómez

that although he was a canon he knew how to talk and laugh

He knew everything and more and did not get into my beliefs

Ever since he was killed for being a revolutionary

-the Spanish army- and placed his head

in an iron cage close to the river shore

I have not spoken to anyone as intimately as with him

May his God remember his soul

For my part I have prayed to mine to take care of him

To don Tomas and help him forget what he suffered

No comments:

Post a Comment